Ocean & freshwater
Original/ Dog recipes/ Wet
Ocean & Freshwater
Essence® Ocean & Freshwater Recipe brings together the cleanest and healthiest protein sources for your dogs. It combines all the benefits of oily fish with the fresh, lean protein from white fish. Our ingredients include salmon, herring, sardines, and mackerel, as well as other whitefish such as trout and catfish. As always, our recipes are 100% grain free. And we integrate in healthy sea vegetables, such as kelp, which provide additional healthy nutrients and dietary fiber. This is all to ensure your dogs are at their healthy best, while eating truly great tasting food. Made with healthy and wholesome ingredients, the Essence® Ocean & Freshwater Recipe is truly the Embodiment of Superior Nutrition.
TROUT, FISH BROTH, SALMON, WHITEFISH, SARDINES, HERRING, CATFISH, MACKEREL, LENTILS, CALCIUM CARBONATE, AGAR-AGAR, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, VITAMINS (VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, NIACIN SUPPLEMENT, D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT, FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT), CHOLINE CHLORIDE, SALT, MINERALS (ZINC PROTEINATE, IRON PROTEINATE, COPPER PROTEINATE, MANGANESE PROTEINATE, SODIUM SELENITE, CALCIUM IODATE), KELP*(MARINE MICROALGAE), CHIA SEED OIL. Click here to explore our food.
- Crude protein (min)
- Crude fat (min)
- Crude fiber(max)
- Moisture (max)
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
We source great ingredients from all over the world to create unique, nutritious, and always delicious recipes. Premium diets for premium pets, yours.
Click the state or country to learn which of our meat ingredients derive from.
10 lbs or less
Toy (18 lbs)
Small (25 lbs)
Medium (50 lbs)
Large (50 lbs)
Giant (100 lbs)
1/2 -3/4 can
1 – 1 1/4 cans
1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cans
2 – 2 1/2 cans
2 3/4 – 3 1/2 cans
3 1/4 – 4 cans
Standard eight-ounce measuring cup.
- PUPPIES: FEED UP TO 2 TIMES PER POUND OF BODY WEIGHT OVER ADULT LEVELS.
- PREGNANT FEMALES: MINIMAL INCREASE NEEDED DURING FIRST 6 WEEKS. WEEKS 7, 8, & 9 INCREASE UP TO 25%.
- LACTATING FEMALES: IMMEDIATELY AFTER WHELPING, NUTRITIONAL DEMAND INCREASES BY 50% COMPARED TO MAINTENANCE LEVELS. DURING PEAK LACTATION (AROUND 4-5 WEEKS), INCREASE FEEDING UP TO 300% OF REGULAR INTAKE. FEED IN 3 EQUAL MEALS PER DAY.
- NOTE: FEEDING AMOUNTS MAY VARY BY BREED, ACTIVITY LEVEL, TEMPERAMENT, & CLIMATE.
- SEE YOUR VETERINARIAN REGULARLY. KEEP FRESH WATER AVAILABLE. TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS, KEEP PACKAGE SEALED AND STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE.